Request a WordPress Site
Please email our administrator if you need a new site created. The following information should be included in the body of your request:
- The NetID of the responsible party managing the new site
- The first and last name of the responsible party
- Additional contact information: Phone, Street Address (including room/suite, city, state, and zip)
- Proposed URL name (note that all URL addresses will end in *.uthsc.edu)
Naming rules: Only lowercase letters (a-z), numbers, and hyphens are allowed
For example “johnson.uthsc.edu”, “johnson.uthsc.edu”, or “pharmacy12.uthsc.edu” are all acceptable names while “Johnson.uthsc.edu”, “johnsonlab.uthsc.edu”, or “johnson .uthsc.edu” are not
- Alternate choice for a URL name, in case your first choice is taken.
Request an Additional User
- If you would like to grant an additional person editing privileges for your site, email us their name and NetID, along with the site URL.
Create a Static Front Page
By default, the index page of your site is a ‘posts page,” a landing spot for any posts you create. It will display site posts beginning with your most recent one. Create Your Own Site (this site)contains just such a page:
If you prefer a front page that is “static,” – ie has fixed, manually entered content – please request a static front page. Your existing posts page will be converted to a news page, and that news page will be added to your site menu. The screenshot below is an example of a static front page.